Thread: Annoyed at S&W
View Single Post

Old 02-27-2012, 01:04 AM

Liked 61 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4506517 View Post
LOL.....I hear ya tough guy. Maybe if you knew the extent of our agency's problems you would be able to speak a little more intelligently about OUR (not exclusively MY) problems.

FYI, ALL of our agency's guns were recalled. EVERY single one. Some guys are on their fourth and fifth gun. But I guess I still don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe go back and re-read what I wrote. I never said I wasnt a fan EXCLUSIVELY because of.my experiences. Remember reading is fundamental.

We (again, the agency not just me) suffered sights that fell off, failure to fire, extract, eject, and feed. Profuse rust, premature wear, and deterioration of the polymer around the hole the grip pin goes in. S&W and the distributor exchanged all (again, the entire agency's not just mine) of our guns. We have further exchanged guns that were exchanged once and sometimes twice.

I understand people get sensitve when another criticizes products/choices they make. Don't take it so personal guy. Im tickled yours is everything you want it to be and more. Mine not so much.
Sounds like an interesting assortment of problems. Some of the things you state, not all, would be indicative of lack of care and possibly abuse. Rust is definitely an indication of lack of maintenance. I have many friends that are LEOs with different departments and I hear some horror stories about how some officers don't care for their "issued" duty weapons. I'm sure if you looked deep into it you would find that there are officers in your dept. that abuse or neglect their issued weapon. My LGS gets police trade ins frequently and they are always the most beat up looking gun's in the used case. Kind of funny that this happens seeing as your life could depend on it. But as I've stated before no weapon is perfect and failures will happen, with any manufacturer and model, so I guess their all junk.

Last edited by Sinkhole30; 02-27-2012 at 01:08 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: