View Single Post

Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 PM

Liked 3,506 Times in 1,288 Posts

Yes, the Belly Bands are a very good system, if you do it properly. If you look at the ads in the gun magazines, they show a picture of the rig about half way up the torso. Don't try that. It would be really uncomfortable, and really hard to draw from. It should be used at belt level. I carry mine at the 4 O'clock position, over the underwear/shirt and under a tucked in shirt. Shirt of course can't be skin tight, but done properly, the gun is undetectable. I have carried Glocks, J,K,L and even N-Frame revolvers in my Bianchi Ranger Belly Band in total comfort. I once carried a J-Frame M640-1 with a Speed Strip in the pouch ahead of gun for 17 hours straight, and literally couldn't feel it. To draw you grab a hunk of shirt, yank it out to untuck it, and draw. No, it's not super fast, but can be done quickly with practice.
This is a very secure system, and surprisingly comfortable. I use this sometimes when wearing a suit in an environment where I may have to remove the coat. I really like it, and you will too if you try it.
Jim