View Single Post

Old 02-29-2012, 09:57 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cool Strange Reactions

Hey Rawhyde.....about a month ago.....I had a root canal done on a wednesday.(afterwards started feeling kinda achey)..then the following monday...went to my regular dentist to have a crown impression made for the tooth....immeadiately.... from getting out of the chair...I started chilling...by the time I had made it to my car....my hands were shaking so bad...almost couldn't open the door...(and it was raining and cold which didn't help)..since I had taken my wife to work...had to drive over to pick her up...hands shaking..freezing..even tho the heater in car was on 82 degrees and blowing out the vent....called her on the phone....waited outside...got into the passenger seat...turned the heat up higher...she came out..scared her real bad....she drove home....got home under electric blanket on high..had fever of 101.....took some tylenol..she had to give me water thru a straw as I couldnt sit up....about 0200...my fever broke..next morning...went to my doctor....told him ..had the flu....he checked me and said it was from the root canal and dental work.!!!...advised me the mouth is Full of germs...and when the initial root canal was done.....it got into my system...apparently when my dentist "reopened" the tooth....all the germs really entered my system.....my doctor put me on antibiotics for a week...and advised me that from now on.....before i go to the dentist....he will get me started on a round of anti biotics.....(I failed to mention...had heart surgery last April)...anyway....all that drama was from dental work....who would have thought it.??....I had never heard of such a thing ........