View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Liked 2,270 Times in 1,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Well for one I rarely sit at a table. I shoot in an area where I can move along with the targets. Its a lot harder to hit when your blood is pumping and things are moving (real life scenarios) . I hate static targets. This may not be for everyone or some may not have this type of range set-up. But I do and take full advantage of it. This is how I trained for 22 years. It is getting harder to do and eventually I may not to be able to. But for now I'm enjoying every minute I can. You should too!

One time just try running real hard to the bench pick up your AR and engage the target and you'll see its not easy to do. Then try it with carrying some weight on your body, it gets even harder. If god forbid you are put in a position that you may have to take someones life, you better be ready and able to place those rounds where they belong and not hit bystanders. This is why you train and even when you train to do this it can still go wrong. But without this type of training it can be even worse. Training saves lives including your own.

As far as carrying a 1000 rounds.. No. I didn't even carry that much on my person in Iraq. A combat load is aprox.290 rounds. Now when I train I carry only 180 rounds in pouches right up front.

Sorry to preach or be long winded. I just wanted to explain how I roll. Like I said this is how I do it and its not for everyone and I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't.
In the last year I have had 2 hip surgeries, 1 hip replaced, right shoulder surgery and a Month ago Knee surgery with a replacement on its way. I would love to try it but running is just not something I am doing at this time. But it does sound fun. I think I will set it up but only take like 5 steps and pick it up load and charge and then fire 10 shots offhand for accuracy and time. I will let you know how I do! It really does sound cool!! It also sounds like something fun I can do with friends when we go shooting. As you said it would be good training even with my physical limitations. Thanks Again.

Last edited by oneyeopn; 03-04-2012 at 11:16 AM.