View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 03:08 PM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts

In 1997, after trying for several years, my brother got me looking at Randall Made Knives. I wanted to get my brother one for Christmas 1997, but at the time it was about a one year wait for a knife from Randall. However, Randall would sometimes have a couple of knives in their counter in Orlando, Florida. I called just before Thanksgiving 1997 and spoke with Pete and ordered a basid Model 15 Airman out of the counter for my brother.

When the Model 15 arrived and I examined it, I was very impressed and called to order myself a basic 5" Model 5 Camp & Trail. I now have twelve Randall Made Knives including my original Model 5. While the others have not been used, I have worn my Model 5 and used it in the field. It has performed great. I once got the leather handle wet and needed to bring it back to life after it dried. I called and spoke to Pete again who told me NOT to use any oil type leather treatment. Rather, he advised that I use natural shoe polish. It worked great. Pete is no longer with Randall Made, but the rest of the guys are great, too.

By the way Nordic Knives in Solvang, California charges about $100 more than the Randall factory for a knife and can have it the way you want in about 6 months. Call Dave at Nordic if you're interested, he's a good guy. (I don't work for Nordic, just a satisfied customer) Nordic Knives - The Leader in Custom Knives - Solvang California

Be sure to check out the Randalls they have in stock, used and new. FWIW

Last edited by Denver Dick; 03-05-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Typo