View Single Post

Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt M View Post
Please link which grip you'd like to use.
Possibly as simple as adding a lower rail to your stock handguard, then attach the handle?
WIKD wants to use the Magpul AFG (Angled Fore Grip).

WIKD will need an add on handguard rail to the OEM handguard. I found these by Midwest Industries

Midwest Industries: AR Handguard Rails

You'll need to remove the OEM handguard to attach the rail sections.

1. Clear & safe the rifle.
2. Put the butt end down on a solid surface.
3. Pull down on the delta ring.
4. Separate the upper & lower halves of the handguard.
5. Install the rail.
6. Pull down on the delta ring.
7. Affix rail section to lower handguard.
8. Install the upper half of the handguard, then install the lower half.

I've managed to pull down on the delta ring myself. I push down on the same 1/2 of the delta ring as the 1/2 handguard section I am removing/installing.

It can be a frustrating thing to do on your own. If you have a friend available, one of you can compress the delta ring and the other can remove/install the handguard.

You can also buy a handguard removal tool. After removing and installing the hand guard a few times on my own, I finally broke down and bought the tool. I wish I did it sooner.

Amazon.com: Tapco .223/M16 Handguard Removal Tool: Sports & Outdoors

WIKD, this is my opinion only... the OEM handguards on the 15-Sport do not have heat shields. It may or may not be a big deal to you. If heat shields sound like a good idea and you'll already be taking the handguard off, you might want to replace the OEM handguards for handguards with heat shields. There are M4 style handguards that have heat shields.

Last edited by JaPes; 03-07-2012 at 06:57 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: