Thread: Sport or OR?
View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM

Liked 167 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyeopn View Post
I still have to disagree after all the research I have done, chrome lined barrel is not at all the same as a Melonite treated barrel. If the information I have posted about the engineering and down to the molecular level between the sport and chrome hasnt shown the difference then why are companies such as Adams Arms and the like going to melonite treated barrels exclusively. I have evidence that shows no matter what the barrel is made of the nitro-carbonizing treatment out performs chrome in every instance and that material like the 4140 steel that they use for the barrel allows for the treatment to form a deeper layer of Melonite than the higher grade of steels which makes for a barrel that has way more wear and corrosion resistance than the other options plus the 1-8 rifling allows for accuracy out of faster bullets than the 1-9. If you want the engineering report on that I can paste and copy that also. Just putting in my two cents. But I can substantiate all of these claims. To me this just means the barrel on my sport will outlast me. IMHO
Glad my New Rifle on order has the 4150 CMV 1-8 5R Refiling lined with Melonite.