View Single Post

Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 414 Times in 175 Posts

It's all been said and this thread is full of some good debate. This far in we should give ourselves a collective pat on the back for keeping it civil.

I'm in the "older Smith" camp and have stated my reasons here before.

Here is a thought: Some of my very favorite revolvers are no-dash 586's in blue and nickel. Those seem to be universally accepted as outstanding handguns. However, they have the scarlet letter "M". They made the walk of shame to Springfield and yet all I get are compliments when I show them off.

How often do we hear discussion about everyone's favorite "dash"? Did the company issue engineering changes because previous versions were perfect? Nope, but those are the benchmark we compare the new stock with today.

If they slow down the conveyor belt to inspect each piece under a microscope, folks gripe that they are backlogged.

If they hire enough humans to keep QC up to par, folks gripe about price increases.

If they keep up with demand and stay price-competitive, folks gripe about the associated quality issues.

Buy a new gun and it comes with a lifetime no B.S. warranty.

Honestly, what do you want?

Come to think of it, I should probably dump my CS-1 while I still can. That lemon had to go back twice!

A.

Last edited by Avery11; 03-09-2012 at 11:02 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: