View Single Post

Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 PM

Liked 1,224 Times in 540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregintenn View Post
I've got a little different take on it than the responses I've read here. I've always bought antique pocket knives, in addition to quality firearms. The last few years, I've seen the price of them simply tank! I believe that a lot of the old guys who traded them have simply died out. Today's guy doesn't know a Winchester from a John Primble. I believe the same will happen with guns in years to come.
Just how long will the prices of S&W revolvers, especially the more common services guns (including Model 19s) stay elevated? A lot of board members are in their 50s, 60s, 70s, and, as they used to say a lot in the 1950s, "It's later than you think." When I look at the list of forums on this board, it seems usually more people are viewing the semi-auto forum than any of the revolver forums. In 15 years will there still be vast numbers of people willing to spend big bucks for 90% revolvers? I'm guessing that in six or seven years prices for most will level out and begin to fall. And that the few of today's 15-year-olds who'll be interested in collecting guns when they reach their 30s will be focused almost exclusively on autoloaders.