View Single Post

Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Liked 101 Times in 65 Posts

I own an SD which you know but I'm going to try and give you a couple neutral pros and cons to either and I may repeat myself a little from my previous post.

I bought the SD because it felt better in my hand plain and simple. If the M&P had a better feel, I would have bought that. Also, I didn't didn't see the advantage to the M&P. Aftermarket parts? Holsters would really be the after market part I'd want to get and the M&P holsters fit the SD perfectly. The SD still has a rail so that aspect is equal.

What gives me pause recommending the SD is the rumours that the SD is being discontinued soon. If that's true, if you wait a little bit will S&W sell them at a deeply discounted price to move inventory like the did with the ibolt? Will you miss your opportunity to purchase a quality firearm for a good price? With that said, they are just rumors. Someone heard from someone who talked to a Smith rep who surmised that the SD was being discontinued based on a price sheet and he is fully authorized to disclose that information before S&W makes an announcement. Right.... Something just doesn't add up with that one. When the SD came out there were all sorts of rumors that the Sigma was on the chopping block and that never happened. Still, rumors make a guy think twice. Does Apex have some sort of inside info and that is why the SD trigger hasn't come out yet that was supposed to come out back in january? Did the rep let something slip that he wasn't supposed to? Hmmm...

Also I'm anxious to hear about the M&P announcement on 4-12. Redesigned m&p's? Single stack 9mm? Partnership with Apex to provide way better triggers from the factory? Maybe that includes the sigma and the M&P? Who knows. But if the SD was being kicked to the curb, I'd guess they'd announce it right around the same time. I wouldn't be very happy if I bought an M&P and the new line came out a month later. Nut if you want to shoot anytime in the next month, you can't worry about that sort of thing. Maybe they'll announce something that you have no interest in.

You can't go wrong with either. You can find great reviews on both and the occational disgruntled owner for both also. Last, you'll come to a point that you will wish you had gotten the one you didn't. Just forewarning, it'll happen.

I don't think I helped clear the muddy waters for you. lol.