View Single Post

Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Liked 632 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChandler View Post
So are altamonts. My round to square conversion altamonts are nearly impossible to remove once installed. This set is in pics here and here. Of course the altamonts cost $65.00, and are Made in USA.

That being said - the one thing I am seeing differentiating the beloved target style grips from the less liked grips is how low the grip extends on the trigger guard. That's one area where both Hogue and Nills seem to have learned that the less finger behind the trigger guard, the better the index position on the trigger, and the more comfortable the recoil. The same underlying principle of the grip adapters as well.

I purchased a set of Nills for a Sig P220, and they are nice - but not perfect. I had to remove some wood to get the slide release to work right, a problem for which I received no response or support. They were North of $200.00. For the money, I think american alternatives, like Altamonts or Ahrends are better.

The Cordia Ahrends currently on my 686-4 are about as good as it gets in grips so far. They do have some small gaps - but importantly I can remove them for cleaning the gun thoroughly without needing to pry them off, AND they're certainly not uncomfortable. For $60 and Made in the USA, I think they're the ticket.

Man those are beautiful and look better than any 200 dollar Nills I have seen.
Eric