Thread: My SW9VE Review
View Single Post

Old 03-12-2012, 02:16 AM

Liked 46 Times in 17 Posts

A lot of reassuring reviews here. I bought mine last year in used condition from a nationwide sporting goods store. A close look inside and out, told me the gun was barely broken in. $290 plus tax, was a steal. I drove straight to the Firing Line and tested both clips with Luger FMJ 115gr.
I emptied each clip (total 32 rounds) killing my letter sized target at 15 yards, with only several rounds unaccounted for (I call them flyers). I then packed up to leave, sensing the awe that the neighboring shooters must have felt, seeing me in action. I was a happy camper, as I had been waiting to change my concealed carry, from a Kahr CW9 which was mis-loading. I had previously used the Kahr E9 without any problems so imagine my disappointment when my new CW9 proved unreliable (Not a nice feeling). I wanted an affordable, but reliable carry that wouldn't be missed (much) if it got confiscated. I've heard the SW9VE called America's Glock, and I believe it. Great fit and feel. It took a little time to get used to carrying the full size as oppose to the compact, but it was just fine after a few days. I don't break it down after every use, I just clean the barrel. If it works don't mess with it. I "dust" it every week. I keep one clip empty and rotate the clips every several months.
I did the "trigger fix" myself, to get the trigger pressure reduced. I was happy with the stock trigger, but I figured that a slightly easier pull might help with those darn "flyers". I've since been back to the range a couple of times and guess what? Still got a couple of flyers out of every clip. Oh Well............
I did loan it to my nephew, who reported one time the clip failed to chamber the next round. Apparently it never made it out of the clip for some reason. Not even a little way out. It was the first or second clip fired so the gun was not that hot. He did not make a note of which clip it was. He thumbed the top round in the clip, popped it back in the gun and proceeded to finish off a 100 round box without any problems. After hearing this, all I could do was put more rounds through it (a couple hundred, various brands, all 115gr) which I did without any problems. ........Love the gun and I have "high confidence" when I carry it.
This is my first gun review so thanks for your considerations, and any comments will be welcome, but that's not why I'm really here.
I saw the banner while browsing and said to myself, "self" there is your gun. Yes that looks like a Model 17 (K22). Now I'm really a proud owner. Mine was inherited from my father who bought it new sometime before I was born (late 40's or early 50's). It's a classic.
Can't wait to browse the rest of this forum. Respectfully, douk