Thread: +P+ in Model 15
View Single Post

Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Liked 5,449 Times in 2,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp220.45 View Post
(Of almost equal amusement is the fact if you load the same bullet at the same velocity in a 9mm case, it won't kill anything. It will barely exit the gun, and if it does, it will fall on your foot and roll away, leaving you at the mercy of the mythical 300 pound raging psycopath. It must be true, because Corporal Ed said so.)
Back when, I was given 2 boxes of 147 gr 9mm when it was really, hush-hush stuff. I took some to the range and fired it and found it functioned well, grouped acceptably and had mild recoil & muzzle blast. Then, I went looking for empties and couldn't find them. Extremely puzzled, I found my foot prints, loaded a mag and watched the empties eject. To my horror, I watched the empties just roll out of the ejection port and drop right in front of my boot toe. Which is where I found all the brass I couldn't find earlier.

Oddly enough, when tested in tissue equivilent, it did expand quite well. When I talked to the dude who gave me the stuff he did mention that it was loaded to clock it's just subsonic velocity from an 8 inch subgun barrel. I never did clock it for velocity out of my pistol. Most commercial 147 9mm has a ejection pattern that suggests it's much more energetic. Hopefully, the actual production version of what I was given was also more muscular.

Last edited by WR Moore; 03-12-2012 at 04:11 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: