View Single Post

Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM
US Veteran

Liked 308 Times in 108 Posts

One more vote for Great Eastern Cutlery. I own several of thier knives. Excellent quality, classic a handle (scale) materials, 1095 carbon steel blades and Made in the USA! Thier Scout lockbacks are top nothch and they have many old fashioned patterns to choose from.
I used to collect Case but got discouraged with a lack of quality and stainless steel blades. 1095 carbon is easily sharpened and holds a great edge, care is needed as they will tarnish, but a little maintanence and they will last a lifetime or two.
Queen Cutlery is good as well, again look for real bone scales and carbon steel. Makers Mark offers a good, heavy duty knife.
If you are stuck on Case (pardon the pun) get the old stuff, like S&W's old is better and will go up in value.
Blue Grass Cutlery makes alot of knives for various namebrands and are a good knife, again made in the USA.
Don't buy Chinese **** or Paki potmetal. Get a good knife and carry it proudly.

Great Eastern Cutlery | Quality, Traditional , Stag, Bone, Wood, Pocket Knives, Made in USA

RD

EDITED: Above I said "Makers Mark" offers good knives - they do not. Makers Mark makes excellent Bourbon but I don't think they know much about knives. I meant to say 'Moores Maker'. Perhaps a Freudian Slip.
RD

Last edited by Smithhound; 03-12-2012 at 10:40 PM.