View Single Post

Old 03-17-2012, 08:30 AM

Liked 986 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDR2 View Post
As far as I've been able to tell from my internet research, the only Documented (as opposed to annecdotal) reports of spontaneous engagement of the lock has occurred in larger guns shooting magnum loads... but my research is by no means exhaustive. So, from what I've been able to gather, the only reason to remove your lock and insert a plug is for aesthetic reasons. If you do not plan to plug the hole, there seems to be no reason to remove the lock in your 317. - Nice gun, btw.

That said, I removed the lock in my 327NG, but I plan to shoot .357 magnums with it (not .22s) and will use it as a home defense gun.
First off, removing the lock is like painting a zebra white.... it's still a zebra. Personally, the lock hole even with the "plug" is still just as noticibly a lock gun as it was with the IL intact. Second, if most guys hadn't read about the lock here, they wouldn't give it a second thought. The chances of it prematurely locking are a lot less than an old timer with his 1970 revolver having trouble.... Not sure exactly how many newer IL guns I have, but it's a bunch and they ain't lockin up by themselves..