View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 PM

Liked 2,082 Times in 606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi71 View Post
calmex,

The "diamond" N-Frame magnas feel better in my hand then do the later "non-diamonds". I think its because the older magnas have a more rounded curve coming off the frame towards the checkering. The later versions are more blocky and square, like the later N-Frame target stocks.

However I do have some N-Frame magnas that I think were made right after the loss of the "diamond" and they seem to follow the lines of the "diamond" magnas in fit.

On the American auction sites the "diamond" N-Frames are starting to command higher prices but they can still be found somewhat reasonable if you have the time. In lieu of you might look for the "non-diamonds" of older manufacture I speak of.

I have enjoyed your previous thread on the Registered Magnum by the way. Tremendous history there.
Thank you for the info there, SemperFi. I got up to the Tulsa Gun Show last November and got to meet quite a few of the Forum Members who posted throughout that long thread on Phil's gun. It was really great to put faces to the names.

My partner in crime and I ended up at the S&W Collector's meeting at the end of the night, just before it ended. Lee was giving me the "get up and tell 'em who you are" look but I was suddenly taken with stage fright and did not. Other than stopping to introduce myself quickly to 29Aholic, I simply left early as we had pressing things to do and little time to do them. Most of the members I met were at Lee's table as I kept stopping by to chat with him and anyone who was there.

Next time, I will prepare myself better and be more out-going.