View Single Post

Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 AM

Liked 3,499 Times in 1,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmex View Post
Jim:
Well, it's a slow morning. This is a long weekend here in Mexico, but I think everyone partied themselves out last night. So far, it's a quiet morning. This gave me time to look up this old thread:
International law or protocol

In a discussion between Pasifikawv and myself we manage to touch on much of the actual LAW and the way it is interpreted here in Mexico.

Basically, you can have a .380 or .38 Special. However, although reloading is Prohibited by the Army, it is legal under the actual law. Any .38/44 loading therefore can be loaded if you take the time and risk to "import" your components. Obviously, this is an under-the-table type importation.

Interestingly enough, if you take a 9 m.m. handgun, obtain a barrel for same-same with a .380 chamber, you can load any 9 load using a .380 case with no problems. It's an amazingly strong little case. I have shot over 50,000 of the .380 "Cal" round since I came up with it in 2004 through a variety of firearms and it gets one up to at least 9 performance if you just gotta have that auto.

There is much you cannot do, other things you're not supposed to do but can get away with -- and obviously other things you can just fly off the runway with and soar. It's knowing WHICH is WHICH that makes all the difference. But yes, we can have fun here. And we do. Right, Lazcool?
Thank you for the interesting bit of information. I am very well read, and I thought guns were almost impossible to own in Mexico. I'm glad, for your sake you can have at least those you mention. And let me state again, that's a FINE Heavy Duty you have there. You'll really enjoy shooting it, as will several generations after you. Those puppies are brute strong, and just plain COOL.
Now we want range reports.
Stay safe.
Jim