View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Stuart View Post
I don't own a 617, but, after buying my 1981 vintage 34-1 last year (and after owning a taurus 94 that we'll just forget about), I started paying a lot of attention to any thread that talked about .22 revolvers. Whether they are 617's, 34's, colts, taurus, rugers or whatever. Am I missing something, or are .22 revolvers generally problematic? The 34 only holds 6 rounds, but after a bit of shooting, ejection becomes problematic - you have to clean the cylinders after every few shots). The rugers go to 8 rounds, the taurii to 9 - I know for a fact that the taurii 9 shooters are virtually impossible to extract with the extractor rod, you have to do them one-at-a-time. I imagine the new SP101 isn't shipping anymore (they only shipped one batch) because they all went back with bent extractor rods. I now understand why Ruger stuck with the Single Six's for 100 years - because you really have to use a ramrod to extract the casings - one at a time.

Are .22 revo's typically that problematic? Or am I 'attention focusing' on the problems?
Maybe modern ones, but my twenty-five year old Mod. 63 has been flawless...for 25 years.....