View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 PM

Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts

I hate to say it because I don't want to insult anyone's choice but Uncle Mike's is what it is...cheap. Bianchi has some inexpensive leather IWB holsters but they aren't really good for actually getting the gun out. They have a belt clip and I've practiced drawing from it and between it not always grabbing the side of the belt and then the thumb break, I got really frustrated with it. Kydex is probably the best since it holds it's shape for holstering and unholstering but Kydex and inexpensive don't always go together. My favorite holster is the Raven Phantom and they aren't inexpensive but they are designed to be modular so just by changing the mounting hardware you can go from an OWB holster to an IWB holster in about 5 minutes. I've experimented with lots of holsters and I hate to say it but Kydex does a much better job, although a bit more uncomfortable than leather or nylon. Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac, Safariland and Raven make some of the best IWB and OWB holsters but that nylon stuff will lose it's shape quickly and just doesn't seem to hold up, even at a casual pace of use.

check these guys out; I don't recommend stuff often but these guys are the real deal. Raven Concealment Systems

Hope that helps.