View Single Post

Old 03-24-2012, 04:13 PM

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts
Default Thanks for the replies

@arrowslinger#1

Thanks for that fact. I'll make sure to get the thumb safety model as a starting point for adding the magazine safety since it cannot be done the other way 'round.

@1fly2ty

Thanks for the reply as well. I should explain a bit of my thinking...

Firstly, I am married to a wonderful wife who would insist upon all the safety features I could get my hands on. That's fine with me, as long as I can get the gun in the end. I've narrowed down my list of choices to the Glock subcompacts and the M&P compacts. I steered towards the M&P because they offer factory built thumb and magazine safeties where Glock does not. It's really that simple. I will endeavor to train on this platform diligently, so as to minimize any issues which might arise with the additional complicated functionality.
I appreciate the notion that a safe action pistol does not need anything extra, but certain states, and certain spouses do, so I'm willing to compromise to get what I need. Besides, if I opted for a revolver, I'd have the same problem with my gun lacking function during a reload. I don't really consider it a problem. I'll just get really good at reloading. Plus, there is the valid argument that dropping the magazine during a struggle will level the playing field should an assailant get the weapon out of your hands.

Thanks again, guys, for the replies. I appreciate them both.

-Erik