View Single Post

Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Exclamation UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Now months after all of this happened, I got a call…

Please let me say this from reading all the post here. Thank you all for your replies. I did read each and every one. As I should have said in the OP I bought three at once, we had all three boxes, cases opened on the glass case and yes I SHOULD have noticed a mag was missing. I readily admit that. I should have asked but the kel-tec came with only one mag, so seeing one mag in the case was what I was looking at in front of me. The next weapon in front of my eyes was the Performance Center 44mag and to be completely accurate, the 44 had about 99% of my attention during all of this.

These were my first S&W purchase ever. In fact it was also my first kel-tec purchase. Prior to this it has always been Springfield, Colt and Ruger. Some you get two mags, sometimes you get three and sometimes you only get one (kel-tec) so no flag was raised in front of me at that time. But again I was just happy to have the 44 in my hands.

Also like I said I did call the shop first and asked about the missing mag. These people know me, in fact the time before this trip I was in the shop & I bought 5 weapons at one time. So believe me, they know me. The only other thing I could think of was to call S&W. I was not short or being smart with the CS guy at all. I did take it as he was calling me a liar at the end with his “3 mags” comment. But that was the end of the call and that had me upset.

One mag did show up to my house and that was all I wanted, I did not want extra anything as a “We are sorry” type of thing. Once I found out that it was supposed to have 2, I just wanted the 2 nothing extra at all. It showed up and honestly had no invoice, no shipping report or packing order. Just opened the package and there was the magazine.

Now fast forward up to about a month ago. The shop I bought this from calls me and guess what? They HAVE the original mag that came with the M&P. It seems during their inventory for the year somebody found the mag. The guy I bought these from said one of the workers working the inventory found it under the front counter. I guess they were counting something and dropped a part and it went under the counter. In looking for it they found this mag. Still don’t know when it got there under the counter, I can’t be 100% sure it did not fall when we had everything on the counter at one time or if it dropped at an earlier time while they showed that particular M&P to someone else.

So he said come on out and pick it up since it went with my M&P. I went and got and after two days I called S&W and talked to their CS again. (Not the same person, in fact I could not tell you his name now) I explained what happened and why I called the first time. I did not go into the issue I had with the CS guy, I just said I called because I did not have it, the shop said they did not have and you (S&W) was nice enough to send me a replacement mag. And now since the shop found the missing mag if you (S&W) wanted the mag back I would just send the one they found since it had not been used.

I thanked them for replacing it but now that I have this other one I would send one back. They guy I talked to did not say anything for a few seconds and then said, “Well this is a first for me, someone wanting to RETURN a good item that we gave to a customer” and he laughed a little. Then he said, Ron, thank you for your call and wanting to set things right but go ahead and keep the mag, consider the one we sent you a gift from S&W and we hope to continue to have you as an S&W customer…

Yes I said I had the found mag for two days before I called, I at first thought cool now I have three mags… But after thinking about it I could not just keep it and take advantage of something like that without making the call. However I am human so for two days I thought about just keeping it without calling S&W!

I just wanted to update everyone on this and let tyou know how it ended and how it is ironic that I am now “enjoying my 3 mags” just as the CS guy said on that first call…

I did learn from this, ALL items are checked before I take anything out the door now. I make SURE I do that.. I even have my wife make sure I do that! Live and learn..!

Last edited by Ronno; 03-25-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Likes This Post: