View Single Post

Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,884 Times in 2,551 Posts

I personally know TWO cops who are here today due to the mag disconnect. And I have yet to find ONE instance of a mag disconnect causing the owner to be injured.

Let's come back to planet earth: The odds of you being in a shootout are very small. The odds of you having the presence of mind to drop a partially filled mag and do a tactical reload are I would say ZERO, unless you have had some serious training, and by serious training I mean special forces or at least combat training in the military. A weekend at Blackwater might make you FEEL like some "operator", but you're not.

The odds of you dropping that magazine in the middle of the gunfight are even smaller than even getting into a gunfight. Now suppose you do drop that mag, now you have that one shot, and IF you even hit the guy, unless it's a head, spinal cord, or heart shot, the guy won't instantly be down, so now you have a gun with the slide not locked back, meaning it will require two hands to reload that gun with a guy on you. Think you'll be able to pull that off? I don't.

I almost bought an M&P and wanted those same features. When I couldn't get one, I stuck with my tried and true 5906. that (or any other 3rd gen S&W), will have the features you want.

I wish all my guns had a mag disconenct and a safety. My new carry gun is a Ruger LC9, purchased specifically because it had those features.
The Following User Likes This Post: