View Single Post

Old 03-25-2012, 04:11 PM

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogngun View Post
but not a S&W. I own a 1955 High Standard Sentinel 9 shot DA revolver, and load it with solids for more penetration than HP's. This gun can use the HKS speedloaders designed for the H&R 9 shot revolvers...I have 3 of them. The gun has an aluminum frame and a 2 1/2" barrel, and it pretty light and very reliable and accurate.
If you decide to carry a .22, I recommend the following; Practice as much as you can, practice dry firing using snap caps (NEVER with empty chambers to avoid damage to the gun). Accurate shot placement is everything with a very small caliber...actually with ANY handgun-none of them are magic.
DO NOT carry hollow points-solids only. You need that small bullet to get as deep as possible. Practice with the ammo you will carry.

IMO, Mr Cooper was a blowhard who was selling his books...

Practice till you can do it in your sleep.

mark
The High Standard you refer to is a much under rated weapon
, as a fireman/emt I have been to a few shootings and suicides, .22 cal bullits tend to bounce almost anywhere they want.
As to Cooper I had the pleasure of taking several courses from Clint Smith(THUNDER RANCH) after Cooper sold Gunsite, Clint had been Coopers cheif instructor and taught a slightly modified Cooper method. I went in the class like a bobcat and came out like a mountain lion. Had to break 20 years of poor habbits. When you can get 5 45acps out is one second all in the kill zone in one second Coopers methods worked for me.