View Single Post

Old 03-25-2012, 05:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfsauve View Post
Scooter, I appreciate your reply.

I am aware that Brownell's sells a chamfer tool ($101), or I could try to do it manually. Or better I could take it to my local smith....but why should I have to do this to a NIB gun?

The point is that this is a Jerry Miculek signature gun and it should be competition ready. You cannot reload very fast with the gun the way it is. You'd think that beveling the chambers would have been a given. I certainly thought so. (duh, silly me). I have several other 6xx series Smith's and they ALL have beveled chambers. Why not one specifically designed for comptetition?

[Is it me? Does JM really do his fantastic reloads with a straight walled chamber?]

On the other hand, if S&W decided not chamfer, then the extractor should at least match. It looks very sloppy.

However it's resolved, I'm disappointed with my first NIB, 21st century S&W. I'll go back to the pre-2000s.

Since this gun headspaces with the moon clips, I may run my rounds back through the crimping die and at least roll the edge of the case inward to help with loading. At least until I figure out what to do with this gun.

I've sent S&W customer service an email and will hold my breath until I hear a reply.
I hear ya, alfsauve. I'd be very disappointed myself. I seriously doubt that JM's shootin' a box stock revolver like yours....

Last edited by one eye joe; 03-25-2012 at 05:56 PM.