View Single Post

Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 428 Times in 176 Posts

I am retired now but was a street cop in a medium sized city for over 30 yrs. I probably was at the scene of 5 or 6 homicides a year and the same number of suicides as well. Based on what I saw, I believe the .22 cal killed more people than all the others put together, until, the 9mm became so popular. The suicides were either head shots or heart shots. Homicides were face or chest shots and I even saw an arm shot that went in and out of the arm, then into the side of the chest under the arm. It went thru the heart and into the breast where it finally stopped. The 22 was the most common handgun owned by the average person so it stands to reason it was used the most (except for shotguns). Those little bullets really travel and they can go thru heavy coats like nothing. I have nothing but respect for 22's. Having said that, I carry 38's and 40's for self defense. I respect all size calibers, there are pros and cons for every single one of them. One more thing, you will end up carrying whatever is the most comfortable for you. Or, you will leave it home. Now, get a gun and start practicing. Good luck.

Last edited by Mr Pokeyman; 03-25-2012 at 07:11 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: