View Single Post

Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 AM

Liked 307 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
BTW, I chose the 625 JM for two reasons. One is that it is less expensive than the 625 PD. The second is that I think the slab sided barrels so popular on the PC guns are just plain ugly.
Interesting thread. I purchased a 625PC a couple of years ago. It did need one trip back to S&W because of frequent failure-to-fire malfunctions. A new firing pin and bushing fixed that problem and it has been flawless ever since, but it definitely begged the question of how a gun could "excape" the Performance Center in the first place, incapable of shooting!!

Re the "slab sided barrel", while I've seen that on many of the PC guns like the 627s and the UDRs, and while beauty exists, or not, in the eye of the beholder, the 625PC does not get that treatment. I love the barrel shape and contour of the PC gun, prefer it to standard 625s with the full underlug, but again, that might just be me.

Also, while I don't know the 'on-the-street' cost differential between the PC and the standard, I don't think it's that great.