View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM

Liked 101 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Mike,

I'm sure that you are an experienced shooter, so I don't want to offend you here; but to satisfy my curiosity, may I ask if you are allowing the gun to rise/roll as it recoils? I always just let my .44s go where they want to, and it eases the jolt considerably. If you were trying to take down a charging bear, you might not have the time to do that; but on the range or under other safer circumstances that's how I recommend that people shoot the large caliber heavy kickers. Utilizing that practice I usually fire around 30 rounds at least when I am using my .44s, without ill effects. But then I don't have a 4" gun; they might behave differently.

Andy
No offense is taken at all! I have no experience with this kind of handgun recoil whatsoever.

Using proper recoil handling should I be able to shoot this gun all day with the wood grips pictured? Without damaging the web of my thumb? I would not be surprised if I was using poor technique. I've never had training for high power handguns.

I've shot thousands of rounds of 45 acp and 357 - but they are nothing compared to this.