View Single Post

Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 AM

Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

I know in internet Commando Land there are many Chairborne Rangers who will tell you how much they Love shooting the hard recoiling calibers, and that they shoot them all day everytime they go to the range. Now I belong to two different clubs and shoot a handgun at least twice a week. I also reload all my ammo and go through 10,000 .22lrs and about 5,000 centerfire rounds in a year on average. I seldom ever shoot full house loads.

I also virtually NEVER see anyone at either of my clubs shooting full house magnums, even at the 100 yard sillouhette matches held two or three times a year.

Last time was about a year ago when I saw a member bring out a new 500 S&W magnum with some Buffalo Bore hunting ammo. The first couple shots at 25 yards were on the paper. By shot six he was hitting the front of the knee wall below the target, and by 10 the ground two feet in front of the target holder.

Hi teenage son then shot the gun and had similar results. after about 30 or so shots they packed up and left. I haven't seen them there with the 500 since.

Last edited by arc2x4; 03-28-2012 at 08:29 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: