View Single Post

Old 03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,235 Times in 475 Posts

I carried a 3913 3rd Gen for several years, and it served me very well. It had both thumb safety and mag disconnect safety. An excellent gun as are all the 3rd gen guns, there was nothing that it couldn't do that a M&P could do. Unfortunately, I had to part with it in order to do something for my son. I now own a M&P9, which I also was impressed with the first time I picked one up. So there are really good economical options out there. I really love my new M&P and I have the .22 version also, but I miss the 3913 and was proud to have had one of these classics. The 3913 was easier to conceal, as it was a single stack instead of a double, the M&P is a little larger.
As for round in the chamber. None of the bad people in the real world want to give you advanced notice that you will need your gun. I personally don't want to be messing with a slide to activate my personal defense system. As for the almost non existent chance of needing, it may indeed never come up. But I carry a spare tire in my vehicle too, and I, in the last thirty years of driving have had to change a tire once. But I had a spare with me when I did. Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Your choice. Why carry in the first place? This is your decision and yours only, don't let anyone else tell you why or why not to do so. It takes a lot of forethought in making this decision, but it is yours to make. As for getting an M&P, you may just have to pick the model that best suits you need. Good luck, good shopping and good shooting.