View Single Post

Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM

Liked 652 Times in 185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
For the wood to be that far off at the top it seems like the roll pin isn't the only thing out of spec. If it was only the pin then the top would be matched more than that while the bottom was off. That looks like the back of the grip frame wasn't fully milled before it was finished.

Like many things in life, I could be wrong.
Bob,

This is a very good observation and something that I noticed as well. If the pin hole were the culprit, then only the bottom would be off. As you mentioned, the frame is exposed through the entire vertical length and you also can note the upper grip area not matching well with the frame either, about where the web of your hand would fall.

Unfortunately, I do not have my dial calipers handy and will have to take some measurements with those to be 100% certain that the under milled backstrap is causing the problem.

I am certain that this is not simply a poor fitting grip as I have tested this gun with a few other grips and all exhibit this same overhang. The thing that mystifies me most is how this made it out of the factory like this since it is very obvious when one looks at the gun.

Thanks
IC