View Single Post

Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 PM

Liked 587 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveview View Post
It's always worth noting, that everyone enjoys the sport of shooting and gun-collecting, differently. Personally, I very much appreciate having BOTH shooters and safe queens. Whenever possible, I buy two of what I like. Shoot one & keep one. It's not relevant whether the unfired one accrues in value. It's simply nice to know that you have a pristine version to look at, keep to sell, or hand-off to the kids some day.

Also, and it's well worth stressing this point, you never know what's around the corner. I always contemplated buying a Python years ago, then guess what? Colt stops making 'em. Look at the absolute preponderance of interest in pre-lock S&W Revolvers. In hindsight, I sure wish I had bought more brand new Smith's years ago, before they become hard to get second hand, now.
I am not a collector. I am a shooter. But I also know the Value of an unfired gun. Guns are not for just blasting away a boat load of ammo with. Nothing wrong with that. But as said there are other things that guns can and are used for.

John