View Single Post

Old 03-31-2012, 09:29 PM

Liked 587 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpys View Post
Yea sitting on a shelf or in a safe just getting fondled and owners wondering huh wonder how it shoots. I will never know because I just let them sit there and look at them and hope it turns into a good investment. You want a good investment firearm, buy a 40,000 colt that only 2 in the world known to exist from 1890 or etc, not a 700 gun that maybe in 20 years will be worth a whopping 2000, big deal. Collectors of post 1970 firearms are a disgrace. They prevent someone else by getting a gun that another shooter would love to have so he could shoot and enjoy the gun instead of someone just letting it collect dust and looking at it occasionally.
Eric

Gee I don't know why you are so negative gumpys. Try and lighten up a little and enjoy life. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to jump on my back.
The OP wanted opinions. I gave mine and you gave yours. I am not wrong just because you don't agree with me. But your negativity is just unecessary to this forum and thread.

I have seen what I have done by shooting a NIB gun that if I had not shot it I would have gotten more out of it when I resold it.

I have never felt that I needed to shoot each gun just because I have it. NOR have I felt I wanted to own a gun just to look at it in the safe every once in a while. To each his own.

John