View Single Post

Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Liked 100 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatofeo View Post
I wish S&W would invest the time in fit and finish on their classics. After all, you're paying for what should be a clone from the past.
My Classic 14-8, bought new 14 months ago, has a terrible action. Feels like it's filled with burrs. Single action pull creeps, is not smooth, and breaks at an estimated 7 pounds. Double action is probably around 16 pounds, perhaps more.
This lousy trigger keeps me from obtaining its full accuracy.
It's disgusting. I wanted a premium target .38 revolver -- I could have done better with a $75 Spanish copy made in the 1930s.
Come on, Smith & Wesson. You once produced the finest revolvers in the world. You can't do the same for the flagships of your line?
Six months ago I bought a Model 14-8 and while the trigger pull was heavy in both single and double action, the action was crisp and smooth. I replaced my main spring with a Wolff standard weight spring and the trigger return spring with a 13lb. spring. My gun has proved to be my most accurate centerfire gun that I have ever owned even more than my Bowen Classic Arms custom Blackhawk. I have had such a good experience with mine that I have placed a Model 17 Classic on layaway which upon inspection seemed to be as well of made gun. Springs are something that I have been changing for over 15 years in about every gun I've bought new since.