View Single Post

Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 AM

Liked 453 Times in 235 Posts

I'm not bragging about being one of the "Shirts" or anything. I'm sure I've said a dumb thing or two I my short lived "Shirt" career. I'm sure I did give the deer in the headlights look when a customer came in and asked for spark plugs for his 350 and told me that the year model didn't matter.

I'm not a chevy guy. It's safe to say I bleed Ford blue. If a customer came in with a ford problem I was the guy. I've also heard some of my "Shirt" co-workers say some dumb junk. Now when I go to the parts stores I like to have the part # in hand. Sometimes I'm looking for a part for a project that's being "rigged" together and the "Shirt" is determined that he needs to know what it fits. All I want to do is go behind the counter to find what I'm looking for, but no the "Shirt" has to waste my time going back and forth bringing the wrong stuff.

Some of the dumbest and funniest stuff comes from the customer. One fine day a man comes in and says he needs a window regulator for his car. I asked the man "does it have power windows"? He replied "I don't know I just push the button and it goes up or down". Really? One woman was sure she had a 302 V8 under the hood of her Dodge mini van, and there was no telling her other wise even after I took her showed her the V6 that the factory installed. I could go on and on.

It doesn't take long to realize being a "shirt" that most the customers know more the you. They all have a degree in something. Most have no clue want size motor they have in their car/truck. They all need the part that sits on the "thingy" that connects to the "hicky" thats next to the "thing a ma jig" that plugs in to the "whatcha ma call it".

Dang kinda makes me miss being a "Shirt".

Last edited by J Rich; 04-02-2012 at 01:37 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: