View Single Post

Old 04-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Liked 7,031 Times in 2,388 Posts

I got ingots of pure lead from the old Bunker Hill mine, they used to be so cheap guys used to put them in the trunk for traction. Pure lead is the way to go with a black powder revolver, you know you got everything right when after ramming the ball home you have the perfect ring of lead left over. I miss my original Colt 3rd model Dragoon, it was one of those that Colt brought out in the late 70's...saying that I will add that the Ruger Blackpowder revolver is the finest blackpowder revolver ever made, Ruger put alot of thought into its design and his loading lever is pure genious...the securement design is faultless and never allows the lever to flop down no matter how hot you load it. My Colt would flop down on real heavy loads and it used to piss me off, I would expect that from an Italian made revolver but not from a Colt. I wrote them and they said it was a design weakness as well as not having a top strap for added strength...Remington added the strap and made it a much stronger pistol. Ruger just improved on the Remington design and added his spring loaded hammer and such.