View Single Post

Old 04-06-2012, 06:57 PM

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Moore View Post
The one thing the OP hasn't brought up is where he's going to get the parts to install his magazine disconnect. The factory isn't going to sell them since they're safety items. He'll have to search out someone who removed them from their weapons. Or, buy a sear block with the parts and install them into one with a thumb safety if they'll fit.

Sorry, I'll clarify:

Knowing Dan Burwell is something of the M&P guru, I contacted him to ask if he could do the work. and his response to my query was:

"Yes I can help you out. You need to buy a gun with the thumb safety then the
magazine disconnect can be added pretty easily.

You cannot buy a gun without a thumb safety then add a thumb safety later.
The frames are different on the models with the safety.

Thanks,
Dan"

So, I'll have the peace of mind knowing that the job was done right and will not fail when the heat is on.

Also, to answer another poster's question, there is one thing that the M&P series can do besides weigh less than the Gen 3 pistols: they have a 22LR pistol on the same platform for cheap training. Additionally, Apex Tactical has all but confirmed they are creating a 22LR conversion kit for the M&P series. The only question is whether it will be for the full size or also the compact M&Ps. Because this is one of my purchase criteria, it makes the decision for me over the Gen 3 -although I do admire them very much, and seriously considered one for a time.

-Erik