View Single Post

Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned

Liked 61 Times in 27 Posts

This "flatfoot" has purchased ex-police weapons, but mostly "in-person." I did purchase an un-fired NYPD 64 which is DAO and is on the way to Clark Custom to have a Bo Mar "cover-up" rib installed as I type this off of Gunbroker, but the seller is well-known and he provided pleanty of pictures. Illinois State Corrections Officers in Joliet use stainless 64s and I have seen some of them ram the rod and brush through their service weapons, most likely "peening" the recoil shield and nicking the muzzle crown. That's why I prefer to look at the gun "in-person" first. I cruise the local gun shops and I check the used gun section for any guns that have not been abused. Many well-known gunshops get police "overruns" in, and some guns were never even issued. Those are the guns I am really looking for. Timing, crane gap, top strap cutting (magnums), etc., are what to look for. If it looks like a tornado hit the outside, beware. When in doub't, go with someone that knows a little about the model or models you are seeking and ask to check a bunch...then get the best of the litter. Some dealers will let you do that.

Overall, "flatfoot" guns can be risky, unless you know what you are looking for.

This "flatfoot" is now going 10-42!

TAKJR
The Following User Likes This Post: