View Single Post

Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 AM

Liked 469 Times in 278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitekids View Post
I have a 1970 it is mint condition and the style of the stock, I have yet to see, It's not the Mannlicher style, but it does not have a barrel band to hold the stock. It attaches thru the factory sling and also has a Ruger medallion at the end of the pistol grip, and is a very nice walnut with inletted finger grips at the forearm. As others have mentioned
It too is very finicky about the bullet. Mine will hang trying to cycle 180 JHP, they seem to hang on the locater plate at the roof of the breech, obviously there are no issues with the 240 JHP or JSP, as I have fired many rounds without a single issue. The manual does say 240 grain bullets, I wonder if it's more of a fitment issue? The 240 is a tad longer and does not hit the leading edge of locater in the roof. We use ours as our go to buggy gun at close range for pigs in Florida, these are the Hammer of Thor at under 50 yrds, it only weighs 6 lbs and is short, 18.5 inch barrel. Hope ya'll have as much fun with them as we do, great little semi auto rifle thats really getting hard to find and are commanding big bucks from the dealers, 450 to 1000. They do need routine cleaning especially at the gas port from the barrel in to the piston cylinder and all the gunk build up on the piston, there is online detailed instructions on how to do it....it's really simple!!
Your Ruger Deerstalker was called the Sporter Model.