View Single Post

Old 04-07-2012, 09:44 PM

Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoppcop View Post
I just got back one of my 4003TSWs from Jim Rae and his Team at the Performance Center. For $148 they did the following:

--Took off the TSW Rail
--Refinished the lower half
--Replaced the drawbar (paucity of parts???)
--Replaced the plastic disconnector with a STEEL one
--Replaced ALL of the springs
--Bead Balsted and re-marked the slide with a smaller, less garish TSW logo
--Replaced the grips
--Replaced the spurred hammer with my supplied bobbed hammer

I will send my other 4003TSW to them for a complete re-finish. These guns were bought from Robertson's Trading Post and were Westfield, MASS PD guns dating from 2001. They were NASTY! The one (w/o the rail) is for all intents and purposes NEW.

The dedicated rail gun that will go out next week was modified (by opening the aperature of the TSW rail) to accept the X300 (with backplate filler taken off). It too when completed, will be for all intents and purposes NEW.

To say I am pleased is a gross understatement! Jim Rae is to be commended for his work on my pistol.

In the interim, I sent my wife's 3914 off to him so he can modify the safety levers to de-cock only. He has been VERY forgiving and is never too busy to answer questions.

As for the springs, I replaced the firing pin springs in all of my 3rd Gen pistols with Wolff Extra Power firing pin springs. They said it would take up to a month to receive them. I had them within a week.

I always save my parts, in case I had to re-build or otherwise replace parts.

I love the reducncy and inherent strength of the 3rd Gens. 18DAI thanks for listening to my rants. I'll let you know how both of the .40s turn out.
How much did they charge to re bead blast it?