View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 PM

Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default Who else has dumped other platforms for the M&P

I have literally gotten rid of 3 Kahrs, a P380 and 2 P40's, 3 Glocks, a 22, 31 and 36, 2 Springfield XDs a 40 Service and a 40 Compact, and 4 revolvers, 2 Vaqueros a Blackhawk and a Redhawk and several others for the M&P platform. The only ones I kept were my 3 Colt 1911s, a E-Series SW1911SC(not my choice, present from the wife so it is still NIB), a Model 29, a M&P 360PD Air Lite, a 422 and a H&K USP 40.

While I haven't dumped every other platform, the ones I kept have a reason for hanging around, some very personal others just a quirky love for the gun. I sometimes think I am overly eat up with guns in general, but this takes the cake. I haven't never been this excited about a single platform in quite awhile, since I bought my first 1911. I ordered my 3rd & 4th M&Ps today, another 309700 M&P 40 FS and a second M&P 40c.

I bought my first M&P just about a month ago, I had shot several, but never spent any real time behind one or money on one. I found a local deal on the 309700 and snapped it up mainly for an investment, planned to turn it for profit later. Every time I opened the safe though, I found it in my hand. So I took it to the farm with me one Saturday and now I have literally put 1000 rds thru it since then and it has been accurate and flawless. It is a very fun gun to shoot and is ridiculously easy to control, even for my wife.

I guess I am late to the game on the M&P, but I am on the bandwagon now. I ordered several extra FS and Compact mags, and spent the rest of the profits from the sales for ammo.

Reading back thru that, I sound like a hormone raging pimply faced 16yr old.........