Thread: Mdl. 19 trade
View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

Liked 1,451 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71firebird400 View Post
I'm getting accused of my post not being "relevant to today's guns"? Huh, I thought I was in the 1961-1980 forum

Listen, I love S&W's but they are not perfect. I am willing to admit that, although it sounds like you aren't.
No S&W has issues, like any product. I'd agree with you 100% that new gun's triggers are not as good as the old ones etc. I also realize some people like Colt etc better, which is cool as well. What I do not like is hype driven, statistically insignificant statements. Remember the Toyota fiasco a couple of years ago, it turned out 11 of those "events" were legitimate and of those 5-6 driver error played a part. So essentially having a problem was about as likely as winning the Cash 5 etc. Yet, "everybody" knows Toyota's have mechanical issues, despite the fact years of industry studies prove the exact opposite.

Your initial statement implied something that was not true for a vast majority of owners, yes a few experienced an issue, but not many and certainly not enough to validate the myths.

I'd even agree if you intend to shoot nothing but the heaviest loads in large numbers, Ruger is a sturdier gun, that however, does not mean the 19 is not the perfect gun for the time/use it was designed for. Make sense?