View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 PM
US Veteran

Liked 49 Times in 33 Posts

Paypal is NOT anti-gun, this is just one of the internet myths that you run across constantly, just because some people failed to read the terms of use that specify what you can NOT buy with Paypal, and firearms and ammunition are two of the MANY things that will get you in trouble if you use it to purchase them. Paypal is based in California, and decided to limit their liability by limiting the usages that their service can be used for, to keep from being involved in any lawsuits that might arise from illegal use of firearms or ammunition purchased using their services. In the uber- litigious world of California, this just makes good business sense. Closing people's accounts because they violated the terms of use... well, what can I say other than READ THE TERMS OF SALE...or do like I did, get their business debit card. I use it quite frequently to purchase both firearms and ammo, since it's carried by a bank and not by Paypal itself. Everyone knows you should always read the fine print, right???

The co-founder of Paypal donated $1.7 MILLION dollars to Ron Pauls PAC fund earlier this year, doesn't sound much like an anti-gunner to me...