View Single Post

Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

To the OP and others who have told us of all of their recent poor examples of new S&W .22 revolvers found at your LGS: I appreciate your desire for anonymity, but not at least indicating the locale in which the mentioned LGS is located is poor form. It conveys information with little real value. Also, just what is meant by the expression, "... failed to carry upon three chambers... "? Do you mean that the timing was off... on three of eight chambers?

I am not being insensitive to folks poor luck in finding new S&W .22 revolvers - it happens - or so I hear. My new 9/'08 4" 617 and new 11/'10 3" 63 were - and remain - as near perfection as one could expect from a manmade production firearm. The same goes for my ANIB 5" 63 from 9/'09.

I've had the opportunity to A-B a new 4" SP-101 with my 3" 63 last fall. My 3" 63 was smoother, more accurate, and, after a year of quite frequent use, looked newer than the Ruger - which was new. Is it worth nearly a C-note more than the Ruger to buy the 3" 63? Yes! (Hey, what did you expect... it's a S&W site!)

If the OP is near C.A. (Central Alabama!), contact me - I'd gladly meet you and your wife at a local range to evaluate the 3" 63 or 4" 617 re her needs.

Stainz
The Following 6 Users Like Post: