View Single Post

Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Liked 307 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Stuart View Post
Ditto on that. You can place an order for one for $519 plus tax at the LGS around here - problem is; Ruger cannot, or is not, shipping them at all. None, nada. Ruger has only shipped two batches; the original 'test' batch of several hundred and one later batch of, maaaayyyybee, a thousand or so. That's it. They are not actively producing them for some reason.

Sooooooo, if I worked at S&W, I would tell you; "$519? Really?!? Well, our price on the 617 is only $450 when WE CAN'T SHIP! But the ones we ACTUALLY CAN sell, we sell for $700ish"

Time will tell what Ruger's problem is.
Interesting, thanks for posting. I picked up an SP101 .22 back in December or January, my shop had one and I spotted it and bought it immediately. No more have shown up and I've not seen any others in the shops, so perhaps this is the reason. Hey, maybe I bought myself a collector's item!!

I have a 6" 617 that I've owned and enjoyed for several years. It is a great shooting gun with a nice trigger. The Ruger is pretty clunky by comparison, although not a bad gun. The trigger is really heavy, pretty awful actually. I suppose it's possible to remedy that, but I've not looked into that yet. I'd love to have a 4" 617. Someday....
The Following User Likes This Post: