View Single Post

Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 AM

Liked 141 Times in 65 Posts

I have googled "Double holster shoulder holsters pics", "shoulder holster straps pics", and all kinds of variations on the theme. Looked at the pictures that came up, clicked on them and went to multiple sites to check them out and read about them. But as yet, I haven't seen exactly the type of double shoulder holster rig I would like. I am thinking I might have to make it myself. I have made one single holster shoulder holster in the past. Wasn't that hard. Even did the basket weave pattern on the holster at the leather craft shop of my local university years ago. Back then I even took my Dan Wesson revolver in to the leather craft shop at the university to fit it correctly to the holster. Of course that was pre 911 when the country was still sane. Couldn't do that today.

I can make it the over the shoulder curved "loop" style, or use straight straps. Either way. That and the other straps are no problem. I want my holsters to be vertical and open front so the revolver can be pivoted down and out easily, with just a small "pocket" area that the last inch or two of the barrel will go into and the revolver is held into the holster by spring tension. (Yes I know that can wear the bluing on the cylinder some). Something that looks like this, only for a S&W 1917 instead of a semi-auto....

Or even perhaps something that looks like this, again only for the S&W 1917....

I like this one a lot.

Consequently I need two springs that are used in spring loaded holsters.

Anyone know where I could get the holster springs that bear upon the cylinder?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bill_in_fl; 04-13-2012 at 05:19 AM.