View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Liked 944 Times in 518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpster View Post
For a concealed carry personal defense CS45, what do you folks think of loading it with Corbon 185 grain JHP +P instead of 230 grain RN FMJ factory rounds? Go with the higher speed flying ashtrays, or the standard speed flying gumdrops? Anticipated aggresors would be 2 legged, or possibly 4 legged canine.
I'd go with a JHP round instead of a FMJ round for carry. The reasons are:
1. JHP rounds are designed to expend all their energy in the first target they hit, which means more incapacitation to your antagonist. It it not likely to hit a body and exit the other side. So it is much less likely to strike a bystander standing behind your target.
2. FMJ rounds were designed for military use, where you are shooting at enemy soldiers and if the round goes through the first target to strike another target, so much the better. It is also more likely to wound rather than kill outright, so more enemy soldiers will attempt to rescue their hollering comrade. When they try, you will have more targets to shoot at.

I would definitely not choose FMJ rounds for self protection. Maybe I'd have a spare mag with them, but the gun would be loaded with JHP rounds.