View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 PM

Liked 31 Times in 9 Posts
Default Success at the gun show! Started with a Smith and came home with a Ruger..and a Smith

I just returned from the local gun show and have been trying to sell/trade a model 57 (no dash) 4" because I am not set up for 41 Mag. I will say that those things are hard to sell! Anyway, while waiting in line for a hot dog, the gentleman behind me asked if I had any luck selling my 57. I said that I had not found a buyer for the gun yet, and he recommended talking to a silversmith that had a table set up at the front and that he was a "41 mag guy". He was interested in my revolver, but more interested in a trade. I looked over what he had and there was a nice Ruger Red Label 12 gauge with the original box and chokes that I ended up getting, and $250 out of his wallet. I figured I had done pretty well, but it was about to get better. I overheard another gentleman saying he wanted to sell a 686 6". I asked what he needed out of it and we settled for $500. It is a 686 (no dash) with the original target stocks, Hogues, the M modification, and an action/trigger job that is sweet! To sum it up, it was worth the $8 admission and a $4 hot dog!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0432.jpg (57.0 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0433.jpg (92.6 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0434.jpg (96.7 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0435.jpg (42.4 KB, 179 views)