View Single Post

Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 AM

Liked 469 Times in 278 Posts
Default Best 45 ACP Revolver for IDPA

A little history. I have shot in several different kinds of handgun Competition over the years, starting in 1966, Bullseye, IPSC,[early IPSC when we shot real 1911's with 200gr bullet and 7.5gr of Unique] Police Combat.

I have only shot 2 or 3 IDPA matches.
My local gun club is starting IDPA matches, we had a meeting and a practice this weekend.

I am a 1911, 45 ACP kind of guy.

I did carry a S&W Mod 25-2 in 45 ACP as a Duty gun for several years, when semiautos and BIG Magnums were outlawed, by a couple of Chiefs. I also used the 25-2 in Bullseye a few times, just for the fun of it and shot it in IPSC matches as well...

I would like to have a 4" 45 ACP revolver to shoot in IDPA once in a while as I like shooting S&W revolvers.

So which of the 4" S&W's is the better choice, the one with the underlug or the one with the more standard looking barrel. My thoughts are the one with the more standard barrel would fit my Milt Sparks Summer Special holster, as well as the belt holsters for my S&W 4" 44 Mags.

But if the underlug gun is "Mo Betta" then I would consider it, and just get a holster for it.

So What say Ye???
The Following User Likes This Post: