View Single Post

Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Padre View Post
This is an interesting statement. Could this be because there are more Glocks in use by LE agencies and the like, or in fact the trigger is more easily pulled? I do like the heavier pull on my M&P9 for the sake of safety.
Glocks ship with a 5.5 pound trigger and require a pull of the trigger to field strip. They are also marketed to new shooters as being "simple to use". I can't count how many people i have heard saying "i want a Glock. They're the best. the FBI uses them".

Glocks are good guns in the hands of trained, experienced shooters, and even THEY have brain farts. They are much less forgiving of human error, and we are all human and capable of making a mistake. For cops, i feel they (and any other striker fired gun) are horrible choices. Try reholstering after a foor chase or during a struggle, or on a felony car stop. That's when most of the ND's occur. We had the choice of the S&W 5946, the SIG 226 both hammer fired) and the Glock 19. When I left the job, 9MM's had been in service for more than 10 years. ZERO cases od ND's with the SIG or Smith. All of them were Glocks. If you place your thumb on the back of the slide when holstering a hammer fired gun, you can't have an ND. Not so with a striker fired gun.