Thread: Model 15 Mania
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok , I got sucked in to this whole wheel gun thing about two weeks ago when I purchased a 15-2 at the local Cabela's, I was about to settle on a 10-3 they had but I wanted something with adj. sights and when I saw the 15-2 I could not believe it , after many hours of internet reasearch I figured this would be a good choice for my first revolver , so Plopped down $ 275 washingtons & a $25.00
Cabela's gift card and took home a really nice 38 with the usual holster wear , took it to a local S&W guru who told me locks up like a drum good timing and good bore, after a little further research found manufac date 1962 with T.P.D stamped on frame under grips (stocks)
being here in AZ probably Tuscon police dept.I was told I could have only done better if I had stolen it or inherited it , so off to the AZ desert for a test drive,WOW let me say that again Wow now I get this whole wheel gun thing !!! what a blast !! 50 rounds of158 grain S&B l.r.n & shoots better than any of my semi auto's (except for maybe my buckmark) as usual I did it backwards should have started with the wheel guns !!!! (live & learn)
I now think that S&W stands for Someday Wanna or Someday Willhave Im already looking for a 22lr S&W revolver, I don't think I will get as lucky on the $$$ as I did on the 15-2. (been told that must have been a mistake) but I will try to be patient & see what happens I"M HOOKED
may have to sell a couple of the semi auto's to get some more classic blue steel !!!

Last edited by sw4x4; 04-18-2012 at 09:58 PM.